Thursday, January 10, 2013

Trail of Friendship


Trail of Friendship

Now I am supposed to bore you to death with a lame lecture about value.  Instead, I want you to ask these three questions to yourself first.  What should be valued in life, what should not and what does the word value simply mean to me.  Now how are we supposed to all know what the correct item in our lives to value?  A product that we have seen be advertised throughout our live continuously or a hand-me-down from our ancestors?  Only you will know what shall be valued in your life.  Now sit back, relax and enjoy the story.

I flee out of the drive way like Flash Gordon, on the path to freedom and tranquility.  As I veer left sharply, I let a dust cloud from a Western movie appear behind me.  I keep speeding faster in the wilderness to get closer to my little spot.  I pass the usual couple taking their daily jog and we say our greetings and get back to our lives.  As the warm sweat dripped from my eyebrows into my eyes, I nearly wipe out into a row of rose bushes.  As I speed along the last part, the powerful wind cleans off my face and my mountain bike all at once when I have reached my destination.

I cautiously place my feet on the smooth, cold soil, guiding myself along in the woods.  My bike glides down the hill like a sled in the winter where I lean it against a tree where I can patiently lay down and rest up my legs for the journey to  the complete opposite of my little paradise; home.  As I flee my little getaway spot, the next journey begins within my sight. 

As I get back onto the trail, I am sad that I have to leave what I feel is home but relieved that my legs can rest.  I cut off a car with my life flashing before my eyes.  At least I thought so but it was just the headlights of the person driving carelessly.  As I roll down the driveway, slowly like a car in the hood does with its bass shaking the city, “Sexy Back” by Justin Timberlake goes off.  I wait until I park my “car” in its own spot to answer the text I have received.  Then, the world`s largest smile came upon my face.

None other than my broski, Ariana Williams, starts up another fun conversation with the occasional hey and smiley face.  I thank the lord that she couldn’t said the duck face (for those who don`t know, it`s this) because then, that be her asking me to laugh until I cry.  Other than those moments, we have some of the strangest, yet best memories in my life.

One that I recall is last year in eighth grade.  Towards the end of the year, both of us and a few of our pals would hangout after school every day and do whatever we felt would be good.  Either me prancing to the hoop in basketball for my layups, making our own music videos or gossiping about others.  But when we play basketball, she and I both know, I will win because I block half of her shots just to see her frustrated. 

Ari is also a good life coach.  She has helped me through some pretty tough times in my life.  She is always there when I need a shoulder to cry on.  She`ll tell me how to conquer the obstacle that is in my way of life.  Without my passionate broski, I have no idea what my life would be like today.  So I thank you Ari.  (Duck face addressed to her).
Throughout my life, I’ll appreciate many different things in my life.  I value though my bike very much because it takes me to places I need to be and it lets me explore the world even more.  Despite it costing only $415, it`s definitely part of my summer life.  It describes who I am in different ways.  When life gets trouble some, it lets me flee to another universe.

I really value the friendship that still grows with Ari, because even though she can show her true colors at times, she`s a special part of my life that now I could not live without.  The feeling of knowing you will always have someone there for you that will mean the world to me.  I wonder what I would do without my broski.

The memory`s with Ari and the adventures with my bike are valued differently with no doubt, but how do I differ their value?  It comes close when you roam to places you have seen in your dreams to hanging out with fastest girl you have met.  That is even faster than me and you combined.  Overall though, what I value in my life will definitely be different from your values, but who will ever know how many people in the world actually value somebody else`s opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment